Friday, November 1, 2013

Hello November!

The trees have mostly changed, but we still have a little bit of color.


November may not be as filled as October was, but it still has a couple events that are going on, the biggest being Thanksgiving.  If you’re not American, then you probably don’t celebrate it, and if you do, why?  I don’t really know why I “celebrate” it.  To be honest I don’t know much about the holiday except for the fact that it is when the Native Americans came and gave food to the starving colonists, I don’t get why they did that, seeing how the colonist were taking away what was theirs. So actually, I’m going to make that a goal this month to study up on Thanksgiving. 

 I’ve been trying to find out who is hosting Thanksgiving this year for the past three weeks.  My Aunt might be going north to her son’s family.  If she goes, then Thanksgiving will be small, if not then it will be an okay size.  I am kind of hoping for Thanksgiving to be here rather than at my Aunts, but that’s because I’ll have more time to get ready.  Also, if we host it here I’ll get to take pictures of the food and table.  
The other thing that will be happening sometime this month is I get to see a friend who lives in a different state.  She so often can only come up to visit family; it’s really rare to see her.  The last time I saw her was about four months ago, and that was only for about three hours or so.  This time it will be a party and I love parties.  Plus, I really want to ask her some advice that she would only know.  From what I know , there are only two birthdays within my friend group, one at the beginning of the month and the other at the end.  There has been talk about celebrating them together, so it will probably be the same time that I see the friend from out of state. Excitingly enough,  this is the first year that everyone is done with school and is just working, so it’s going to be so much easier picking the dates and times everything happens.  

Easy party planning is the best. 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment